"PAINTER, TRANSPORTATION EQUIPMENT"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Paints surfaces of transportation equipment, such as automobiles, buses, trucks, and aircraft, applying knowledge of surface preparation and painting techniques, using spray painting equipment, power tools, and work aids: Cleans, sands, and applies chemical solutions to prepare and condition surfaces prior to painting.
- 2) Mixes and thins paint or other coating to specified color and consistency according to standard formulas or color charts, using spatula or mixing equipment and viscometer.
- 3) Masks and covers surfaces not to be painted.
- 4) Sprays specified amount or thickness of primer, protective, decorative, or finish coatings, such as paint, lacquer, sealer, or enamel, onto prepared surfaces, using spray equipment.
- 5) Strips, sands, masks, and repaints surfaces, and blends and polishes finish to match surrounding areas, manually or using portable power tools.
- 6) May apply or retouch paint, using brush.
- 7) May lay out and paint insignias, symbols, designs, or other markings on painted surfaces, according to blueprints or specifications, using stencils, patterns, measuring instruments, brushes, or spray equipment.
- 8) May regulate controls on equipment to cure and dry paint or other coatings.
- 9) May set up portable ventilators, exhaust units, ladders, and scaffolding prior to painting.
- 10) May operate lifting and moving devices to move materials and equipment and access areas to be painted.
- 11) May remove accessories from motor vehicles, such as chrome, mirrors, and windshield wipers, prior to repainting.
- 12) May be designated according to vehicle painted as Auto-Body Painter; Painter, Aircraft; Painter, Aircraft-Production; Painter, Automotive; Painter, Decorative-Commercial Aircraft.
Is being a "PAINTER, TRANSPORTATION EQUIPMENT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PAINTER, TRANSPORTATION EQUIPMENT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PAINTER, TRANSPORTATION EQUIPMENT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PAINTER, TRANSPORTATION EQUIPMENT"
Job Number: 7137