"PAINTER, SPRAY I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sprays surfaces of machines, manufactured products, or working area with protective or decorative material, such as paint, enamel, glaze, gel-coat, or lacquer, using spray gun: Cleans grease and dirt from product, using materials, such as lacquer thinner, turpentine, soap, and water.
- 2) Applies masking tape over parts and areas that are not to be coated.
- 3) Fills cavities and dents with putty to attain smooth surface.
- 4) Selects and mixes coating liquid to produce desired color, according to specifications, using paddle or mechanical mixer.
- 5) Pours coating liquid into spray container and connects gun to airhose, using wrenches.
- 6) Turns sprayer valves and nozzle to regulate width and pressure of spray according to knowledge of painting technique.
- 7) Pulls trigger and directs spray onto work surface to apply prime or finish coat.
- 8) Coats areas inaccessible to hand sprayer, using brush.
- 9) Cleans spraying equipment and brushes with solvent.
- 10) May heat and spray wax onto products after they are tested.
- 11) May use acid, wire brush, or steel wool to remove rust from metal.
- 12) May paint designs on rug surfaces for decorative purposes or for use as guidelines in carving rugs, using spray gun and stencil, and be designated Stenciler.
- 13) May be designated according to article sprayed as Hat Sprayer; Painter, Ordnance; Sprayer, Railroad Car; or according to material used as Gel-Coat Sprayer; Porcelain-Enamel Sprayer.
- 14) May be designated: Ceramic Sprayer; Enameler; Enamel Sprayer I; Glaze Sprayer; Lacquer Sprayer I; Painter, Insignia; Panel Finisher; Primer Sprayer; Sprayer, Auto Parts; Thinner Sprayer.
- 15) May act as lead person in group.
Is being a "PAINTER, SPRAY I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PAINTER, SPRAY I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PAINTER, SPRAY I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PAINTER, SPRAY I"
Job Number: 7133