Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates cone, disk, or nozzle-type electro-static painting equipment to spray negatively charged paint particles onto positively charged workpieces: Moves switches and dials to start flow current and to activate conveyor and paint spraying equipment.
- 2) Turns valves and observes gauges to set pressure and to control flow of paint to each spray station.
- 3) Adjusts thermostat to maintain specified temperature in paint tanks.
- 4) Inspects painted units for runs, sags, and unpainted areas.
- 5) Readjusts pressure valves to control direction and pattern of spray and to correct flaws in coating.
- 6) Cleans paint from ceiling and walls of booth, conveyor hooks or grid, and from disks, cones, spray heads, and hoses, using solvent and brush.
- 7) May hand-spray parts to cover unpainted areas or apply rust preventative.
- 8) May mix paint according to specifications, using viscometer to regulate consistency according to changes in atmospheric conditions.
Is being a "PAINTER, ELECTROSTATIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PAINTER, ELECTROSTATIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PAINTER, ELECTROSTATIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PAINTER, ELECTROSTATIC"
Job Number: 6197