"PAINT-SPRAYER OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates painting and drying units along conveyor line to coat metal, plastic, ceramic, and wood products with lacquer, paint, varnish, enamel, oil, or rustproofing material: Places or racks workpieces on conveyor.
- 2) Turns valve to regulate water shield spray.
- 3) Starts pumps to mix chemicals and paints, to fill tanks, and to control viscosity, adding prescribed amounts or proportions of paints, thinner, and chemicals to mixture.
- 4) Screws specified nozzles into spray guns and positions nozzles to direct spray onto workpiece.
- 5) Lights ovens, turns knobs, and observes gauges on control panel to set specified temperature and air circulation in oven, to synchronize speed of conveyor with action of spray guns and ovens, and to regulate air pressure in spray guns that atomize spray.
- 6) Determines flow and viscosity of paints and quality of coating visually or by use of viscometer.
- 7) May spray coated product with salt solution for prescribed time to determine resistance to corrosion.
- 8) May be designated according to coating applied as Bonderite Operator; Control Operator, Flow Coat; or according to article coated as Gunstock-Spray-Unit Adjuster.
Is being a "PAINT-SPRAYER OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PAINT-SPRAYER OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PAINT-SPRAYER OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PAINT-SPRAYER OPERATOR, AUTOMATIC"
Job Number: 7148