Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Lays out, fabricates, assembles, and tests samples of corrugated paperboard and plastic containers: Sketches design details or makes scale drawings of containers used for shipping, protecting, or displaying items, indicating construction dimensions, using drawing instruments and shipping requirements.
- 2) Lays out dimensions of container on paperboard, cuts along specified lines with knife or saw and assembles sample container, using adhesive or staples.
- 3) Lays out dimensions of production templates for cartons and cuts out templates, using power tools.
- 4) Cuts out specified plastic parts, using handtools and power tools.
- 5) Tests ability of container to withstand shipping requirements, using strain, strength, and stress test equipment.
- 6) Records results of tests.
Is being a "PACKAGING TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PACKAGING TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PACKAGING TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PACKAGING TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 7070