Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that performs one or more packaging functions, such as filling, marking, labeling, banding, tying, packing, or wrapping containers: Starts machine and observes operation to detect malfunctions of machine.
- 2) Stops machine and reports malfunction to supervisor.
- 3) Makes minor adjustments or repairs, such as opening valves, changing forming and cutting dies, setting guides, or clearing away damaged product containers.
- 4) Inspects filled container to ensure that product is packaged according to specifications.
- 5) May feed product to conveyors, hoppers, or other feeding devices and unload packaged product.
- 6) May replenish packaging supplies, such as wrapping paper, plastic sheet, boxes, cartons, glue, ink, or labels.
- 7) May mount supplies on spindles or place supplies in hopper or other feeding devices.
- 8) May position and hold container in machine and depress pedal, press button, or move lever to clean, glue, label, sew, or staple container.
- 9) May cut stencils and stencil information on container, such as lot number or shipping destination.
- 10) May tally number of units of product packaged or record information, such as size, weight, and type of products packaged.
- 11) May be designated according to specific function or functions performed by machine tended as Bottle Washer, Machine II; Capping-Machine Operator; Container-Maker-Filler-Packer Operator; Filling-Machine Operator; Labeler, Machine; Wrapping-Machine Operator.
- 12) May be designated: Aerosol-Line Operator; Bag Printer; Blister-Packing-Machine Tender; Bread-Wrapping-Machine Feeder; Candy-Wrapping-Machine Operator; Carton-Gluing-Machine Operator; Cellophane Wrapper, Machine; Cover Marker; Glassine-Machine Tender; Packing-Machine Tender; Palletizer Operator II; Sack Sewer, Machine; Silk Screener; Spring Crater; Stencil Cutter, Machine; Tea-Bag-Machine Tender; Tire Wrapper; Tube-Filling Machine Operator; Tying-Machine Operator; Wrapping-And-Packing-Machine Operator.
- 13) Workers who package products by hand are classified under PACKAGER, HAND.
- 14) May act as lead worker.
Is being a "PACKAGER, MACHINE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "PACKAGER, MACHINE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "PACKAGER, MACHINE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "PACKAGER, MACHINE"
Job Number: 7067