"OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates traveling or stationary overhead crane to lift, move, and position loads, such as machinery, equipment, products, and solid or bulk materials, using hoisting attachments, such as hook, sling, electromagnet, or bucket: Observes load hookup and determines safety of load.
- 2) Manipulates or depresses crane controls, such as pedals, levers, and buttons, to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal, or signal instructions.
- 3) Cleans and maintains crane and hoisting mechanism.
- 4) Inspects crane for defective parts and notifies supervisor of defects or malfunctions.
- 5) May attach load to hook or other crane accessory prior to operating crane and be designated Crane Operator-Hooker or Crane Operator-Hooktender.
- 6) May be designated by type of crane operated or material handled as Bridge Crane Operator; Charging-Crane Operator I; Cinder Crane Operator I; Gantry Crane Operator; Hot-Metal Crane Operator I; Ingot Stripper I; Scrap Crane Operator I; Tower Whirler Operator; Wall-Crane Operator.
Is being an "OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 7052