Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans and prepares drawings for construction of new, and removal or rearrangement of existing, overhead or underground lines, cables, and conduits to obtain optimum and economical utilization of communications facilities: Analyzes traffic loads, available and existing lines, and estimates or forecasts of projected traffic to determine new construction or rearrangements and removals required.
- 2) Selects routing of lines and equipment required for work projects.
- 3) Prepares detailed construction and installation drawings, estimates equipment, labor, and material costs.
- 4) Initiates work authorization request and submits request with substantiating drawings and documents to management for approval.
- 5) Orders materials and equipment required and directs work activities to ensure conformance with engineering specifications and work authorization.
Is being an "OUTSIDE-PLANT ENGINEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "OUTSIDE-PLANT ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "OUTSIDE-PLANT ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "OUTSIDE-PLANT ENGINEER"
Job Number: 7030