Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Analyzes defects, and adjusts or repairs electrical and mechanical systems of outboard motors: Disassembles and inspects motor for defective parts, using mechanic's handtools and gauges.
- 2) Replaces parts, such as gears, magneto points, piston rings, and spark plugs, and reassembles engine.
- 3) Adjusts carburetor mixture and electrical point settings while motor is running in water-filled test tank.
- 4) May change propeller to increase motor efficiency, based on size and shape of boat hull.
- 5) May install or repair steering and throttle controls.
Is being an "OUTBOARD-MOTOR MECHANIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "OUTBOARD-MOTOR MECHANIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "OUTBOARD-MOTOR MECHANIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "OUTBOARD-MOTOR MECHANIC"
Job Number: 7024