Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Provides care to patients with disabling conditions of limbs and spine by fitting and preparing orthopedic braces, under direction of and in consultation with physician: Assists in formulation of specifications for braces.
- 2) Examines and evaluates patient's needs in relation to disease and functional loss.
- 3) Formulates design of orthopedic brace.
- 4) Selects materials, making cast measurements, model modifications, and layouts.
- 5) Performs fitting, including static and dynamic alignments.
- 6) Evaluates brace on patient and makes adjustments to assure fit, function, and quality of work.
- 7) Instructs patient in use of orthopedic brace.
- 8) Maintains patient records.
- 9) May supervise ORTHOTICS ASSISTANTS and other support personnel.
- 10) May supervise laboratory activities relating to development of orthopedic braces.
- 11) May lecture and demonstrate to colleagues and other professionals concerned with orthotics.
- 12) May participate in research.
- 13) May perform functions of PROSTHETIST and be designated Orthotist-Prosthetist.
Is being an "ORTHOTIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ORTHOTIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ORTHOTIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ORTHOTIST"
Job Number: 7020