Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fabricates, fits, repairs, and maintains orthotic devices, such as braces and surgical supports, according to specifications and under guidance of ORTHOTIST or ORTHOTICS ASSISTANT : Bends, forms, welds, and saws metal brace structural components to conform to measurements, using hammers, anvils, welding equipment, and saws.
- 2) Drills and taps holes for rivets, and rivets components together.
- 3) Shapes plastic and metal around cast of patient's torso or limbs.
- 4) Covers and pads metal or plastic brace structures, using layers of rubber, felt, plastic, and leather.
- 5) May also perform functions of PROSTHETICS TECHNICIAN and be designated Orthotics-Prosthetics Technician.
Is being an "ORTHOTICS TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ORTHOTICS TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ORTHOTICS TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ORTHOTICS TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 8827