Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Applies, adjusts, and removes casts, assembles traction apparatus, and fits strappings and splints for orthopedic patients according to medical staff instructions, using handtools: Covers injured areas with specified protective materials, such as stockinette bandages, gauze, or rubber pads, preparatory to cast application.
- 2) Wets, wraps, and molds plaster bandages around area of fracture.
- 3) Trims plaster, using electric cutter.
- 4) Removes whole and broken casts and alters position of cast to change setting of patient's limb or body part as directed.
- 5) Assembles wooden, metal, plastic, or plaster material to make orthopedic splints, using handtools.
- 6) Rigs pulleys, ropes, and frames to assemble fracture beds, using handtools.
- 7) Attaches traction supports to patient's limb and adjusts support to specified tension.
- 8) Assembles exercise frames, using handtools.
- 9) Adjusts crutches and canes to fit patient.
- 10) Instructs patients in care of and assists patients in walking with casts, braces, and crutches.
Is being an "ORTHOPEDIC ASSISTANT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ORTHOPEDIC ASSISTANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ORTHOPEDIC ASSISTANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ORTHOPEDIC ASSISTANT"
Job Number: 7015