Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Designs ornamental metal items, such as grills, lattice work, statuary, railings, displays, plaques, and light fixtures, and tooling for fabrication, utilizing knowledge of properties of metal, fabrication techniques, principles of design, and artistic talent: Analyzes sketches or observes and measures physical surroundings prior to installation.
- 2) Selects designs from pattern book, alters or originates designs according to customer specifications.
- 3) Draws detail sketches and prescribes fabricating techniques.
- 4) Forges tools, such as peening hammers, bending jigs, and scroll forms, using forge, machine tools, welding equipment, and hand forming tools.
- 5) May sculpture plastic patterns to form molding castings.
- 6) Builds products from original design or working models.
- 7) May prescribe colors for painted parts.
Is being an "ORNAMENTAL-METALWORK DESIGNER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ORNAMENTAL-METALWORK DESIGNER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ORNAMENTAL-METALWORK DESIGNER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ORNAMENTAL-METALWORK DESIGNER"
Job Number: 7009