"ORIENTATION AND MOBILITY THERAPIST FOR THE BLIND"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assists blind and visually impaired clients to achieve personal adjustment and maximum independence through training in techniques of daily living: Interviews clients, analyzes client's lifestyle, and administers assessment tests to determine present and required or desired orientation and mobility skills.
- 2) Trains clients in awareness of physical environment through sense of smell, hearing, and touch, and to travel alone, with or without cane, through use of variety of actual or simulated travel situations and exercises.
- 3) Teaches clients personal and home management skills, and communication skills, such as eating, grooming, dressing, coin and money identification, cooking, and use of telephone and bathroom facilities.
- 4) Teaches clients to protect body, using hands and arms to detect obstacles.
- 5) Instructs clients in arts, crafts, and recreational skills, such as macrame, leatherworking, sewing, ceramics, and playing piano to improve sense of touch, coordination, and motor skills.
- 6) Teaches clients to read and write Braille.
- 7) Instructs client in use of reading machines and common electrical devices, and in development of effective listening techniques.
- 8) Instructs clients in group activities, such as swimming, dancing, or playing modified sports activities to encourage and increase capacity for social participation and improve general health.
- 9) Prepares progress report to allow members of rehabilitation team to evaluate clients' ability to perform varied activities essential to daily living.
- 10) May develop and implement individualized orientation and mobility instructional program for blind and visually impaired and be designated Orientation And Mobility Instructor.
Is being an "ORIENTATION AND MOBILITY THERAPIST FOR THE BLIND" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ORIENTATION AND MOBILITY THERAPIST FOR THE BLIND" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ORIENTATION AND MOBILITY THERAPIST FOR THE BLIND"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ORIENTATION AND MOBILITY THERAPIST FOR THE BLIND"
Job Number: 7002