Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Adjusts metal and wood organ pipes to obtain specified timber and strength of sound: Inserts unvoiced pipes in rack of tuning table and starts electric blower.
- 2) Depresses key to blow air through unvoiced pipe and voiced master pipe.
- 3) Listens to difference in tone and determines needed adjustments.
- 4) Raises or lowers lips of metal flue pipes to regulate airflow over lips, and notches languet, using handtools.
- 5) Files and raises or lowers reeds in reed pipes.
- 6) Scrapes and sands lips in wooden pipes and raises or lowers them to regulate airflow.
- 7) Enlarges or decreases opening in toe hole, using handtools, to regulate loudness of sound.
- 9) May do final tuning and voicing of pipes in newly installed organs and be designated Organ-Pipe Finisher.
Is being an "ORGAN-PIPE VOICER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ORGAN-PIPE VOICER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ORGAN-PIPE VOICER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ORGAN-PIPE VOICER"
Job Number: 6999