"ORGAN-PIPE MAKER, METAL"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Casts metal into sheets and forms metal pipes for pipe organs, using handtools and knowledge of metal properties and pipe making: Melts mixture of lead and tin in melting pot.
- 2) Pours molten metal onto flat table to form sheets.
- 3) Brushes sizing onto sheets and cuts sheets, using hook-knife and power shears.
- 4) Hand-rolls sheets into tubes on mandrel, using handtools.
- 5) Scrapes edges, using handtool to obtain required angle for soldering and solders seam.
- 6) Places pipe on mandrel and hammers pipe, using mallet to form and finish mouth.
- 7) Hand-rolls annealed sheet zinc in similar manner to form larger pipes.
Is being an "ORGAN-PIPE MAKER, METAL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ORGAN-PIPE MAKER, METAL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ORGAN-PIPE MAKER, METAL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ORGAN-PIPE MAKER, METAL"
Job Number: 6998