Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Stands deck department watches and performs variety of duties to preserve painted surfaces of ship and to maintain lines, running gear, and cargo-handling gear in safe operating condition: Watches from bow of ship or wing of bridge for obstructions in path of ship.
- 2) Turns wheel while observing compass to steer and maintain ship on course.
- 3) Mops or washes down deck, using hose, to remove oil, dirt, and debris.
- 4) Chips and cleans rust spots from deck, superstructure, and sides of ship, using hand or air chipping hammer and wire brush.
- 6) Splices wire rope, using marlinespike, wirecutters, and twine.
Is being an "ORDINARY SEAMAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ORDINARY SEAMAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ORDINARY SEAMAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ORDINARY SEAMAN"
Job Number: 6993