Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks, as directed by nursing and medical staff, to care for patients in hospital, nursing home, or other medical facility: Bathes patients and gives alcohol rubs.
- 2) Measures and records intake and output of liquids, and takes and records temperature, and pulse and respiration rate.
- 4) Carries meal trays to patients and feeds patients unable to feed themselves.
- 5) Lifts patients onto and from bed, and transports patients to other areas, such as operating and x-ray rooms, by rolling bed, or using wheelchair or wheeled stretcher.
- 6) Sets up equipment, such as oxygen tents, portable x-ray machines, and overhead irrigation bottles.
- 7) Makes beds and collects soiled linen.
- 8) Cleans rooms and corridors.
- 9) Bathes deceased patients, accompanies body to morgue, and places personal belongings in mortuary box.
- 10) Administers catheterizations and bladder irrigations.
- 11) Accompanies discharged patients home or to other institutions.
Is being an "ORDERLY" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ORDERLY" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ORDERLY"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ORDERLY"
Job Number: 4307