"ORDER-CONTROL CLERK, BLOOD BANK"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Receives and processes requests for blood from hospitals: Records amount and type of whole blood or blood component requested and checks inventory control board, or phones blood storage units, laboratories, doctors, or other hospitals to determine availability of whole blood and blood components.
- 2) Questions hospital ordering blood as to urgency and use of blood.
- 3) Advises supervisor or staff doctor when blood request is excessive, unusual, or for rare blood type or component, or when blood inventory is low.
- 4) Relays orders to blood storage units to prepare and ship blood or components to designated hospitals.
- 5) Adjusts figures on blood inventory control board and records transfer of blood from one hospital to another.
Is being an "ORDER-CONTROL CLERK, BLOOD BANK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ORDER-CONTROL CLERK, BLOOD BANK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ORDER-CONTROL CLERK, BLOOD BANK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ORDER-CONTROL CLERK, BLOOD BANK"
Job Number: 6990