Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Processes orders for material or merchandise received by mail, telephone, or personally from customer or company employee, manually or using computer or calculating machine: Edits orders received for price and nomenclature.
- 2) Informs customer of unit prices, shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer, using mail or telephone.
- 3) Writes or types order form, or enters data into computer, to determine total cost for customer.
- 4) Records or files copy of orders received according to expected delivery date.
- 5) May ascertain credit rating of customer.
- 6) May compile statistics and prepare various reports for management.
- 7) May be designated according to method of receiving orders as Mail-Order Clerk; Telephone-Order Clerk.
Is being an "ORDER CLERK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "ORDER CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "ORDER CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "ORDER CLERK"
Job Number: 3761