Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Examines eyes to determine nature and degree of vision problem or eye disease and prescribes corrective lenses or procedures: Examines eyes and performs various tests to determine visual acuity and perception and to diagnose diseases and other abnormalities, such as glaucoma and color blindness.
- 2) Prescribes eyeglasses, contact lenses, and other vision aids or therapeutic procedures to correct or conserve vision.
- 3) Consults with and refers patients to OPHTHALMOLOGIST or other health care practitioner if additional medical treatment is determined necessary.
- 4) May prescribe medications to treat eye diseases if state laws permit.
- 5) May specialize in type of services provided, such as contact lenses, low vision aids or vision therapy, or in treatment of specific groups, such as children or elderly patients.
- 6) May conduct research, instruct in college or university, act as consultant, or work in public health field.
Is being an "OPTOMETRIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "OPTOMETRIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "OPTOMETRIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "OPTOMETRIST"
Job Number: 6978