Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Applies engineering theory and practical knowledge, under direction of engineering staff, to build and test prototype optomechanical devices to be used in such equipment as aerial cameras, gun sights, and telescopes: Reviews project instructions, and preliminary specifications to identify and plan requirements for parts fabrication, purchase, assembly, and test.
- 2) Prepares sketches and writes work orders and purchase requests for items to be furnished by others, and follows up delivery.
- 3) Designs, builds, or modifies fixtures used to assemble parts.
- 4) Lays out cutting lines for machining, using drafting tools.
- 5) Assembles and adjusts parts and related electrical units of prototype to prepare for test.
- 6) Sets up prototype and test apparatus, such as control console, collimator, recording equipment, and cables in accordance with specifications.
- 7) Operates controls of test apparatus and prototype to observe and record test results.
- 8) Computes test data on laboratory forms for engineers.
- 9) Confers in technical meetings, recommending design and material changes to reduce cost and lead time.
- 10) May be assigned as group leader to coordinate work of technicians, model makers, and others assigned to assist.
Is being an "OPTOMECHANICAL TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "OPTOMECHANICAL TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "OPTOMECHANICAL TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "OPTOMECHANICAL TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 6976