Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates machines to grind eyeglass lenses to prescription specifications and assembles lenses in frames: Reads lens and frame specifications from prescription.
- 2) Selects lens blanks from stock.
- 3) Sets up and operates machines, such as generator, polisher, edger, and hardener, to fabricate lenses to specifications.
- 4) Mounts lenses in metal, plastic, or rimless frames.
- 5) Inspects mounted lenses for conformance to specifications.
- 6) Examines broken lenses to identify original lens prescription, using power determining and optical centering instruments.
Is being an "OPTICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "OPTICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "OPTICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "OPTICIAN"
Job Number: 6972