Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Coats optical glass surfaces with silvering solutions to make mirrors used in optical instruments: Cleans glass specimens, using prescribed chemicals, and inspects to detect surface appearance defects.
- 2) Mixes chemicals according to formula and pours solution into funnels.
- 3) Positions glass under funnels and starts electric motor to agitate funnels and allow specified quantities of solution to distribute over surface of glass.
- 4) Electroplates copper backing over silvering by immersing glass in electrolyte and passing electric current through solution according to standard procedure.
- 5) Places plated glass in electric oven to dry for specified time.
- 6) Marks outlines of specified dimensions on glass specimen, using milling machine.
- 7) Removes excess silvering and copper, using hand scraper and solvents.
Is being an "OPTICAL-GLASS SILVERER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "OPTICAL-GLASS SILVERER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "OPTICAL-GLASS SILVERER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "OPTICAL-GLASS SILVERER"
Job Number: 6969