Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Etches numerals and graduation lines on prisms and other optical glass surfaces for use in optical instruments, using pantograph engraver: Mounts glass specimens in holder.
- 2) Dips glass elements in molten wax to obtain uniform protective coating.
- 3) Positions tracing stylus of pantograph on template and guides stylus around template.
- 4) Inscribes pattern of lines and numerals on elements in wax coating with needle which is affixed to pantograph arm.
- 5) Exposes glass to hydrofluoric acid fumes to etch pattern.
- 6) Cleans glass with water and solvents.
- 7) Fills etched characters with opaque paste to improve readability.
- 8) Inspects etched work for uniformity, using calibrated microscope.
Is being an "OPTICAL-GLASS ETCHER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "OPTICAL-GLASS ETCHER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "OPTICAL-GLASS ETCHER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "OPTICAL-GLASS ETCHER"
Job Number: 6968