Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Designs optical systems with specific characteristics to fit within specified physical limits of precision optical instruments, such as still- and motion-picture cameras, lens systems, telescopes, and viewing and display devices: Determines specifications for operations and makes adjustments to calibrate and obtain specified operational performance.
- 2) Determines proper operation of optical system and makes adjustments to perfect system.
- 3) Designs mounts for components to hold them in proper planes in relation to each other and instrument in which they will be used.
- 4) Designs inspection instruments to test optical systems for defects, such as aberrations and deviations.
- 5) May work with electrical and mechanical engineering staff to develop overall design of optical system.
Is being an "OPTICAL ENGINEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "OPTICAL ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "OPTICAL ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "OPTICAL ENGINEER"
Job Number: 6964