"OPTICAL-EFFECTS LAYOUT PERSON"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Locates and marks frames of motion picture film to identify film segments for optical effects processing: Reads work order or optical effects specifications sheets to ascertain optical effects specifications and location of subject material on original photography film.
- 2) Mounts single or multiple rolls of film on spindles of winding device, locates marked start frame of film, and aligns start frame in start position of synchronizer-counter device to locate and identify film frames specified for optical effects.
- 3) Turns crank on winding device to advance film and observes film passing over viewing light box to detect damage or unclean condition.
- 4) Cleans film using cleaning solutions and velvet cloth.
- 5) Repairs minor damage, such as torn sprocket holes, using tape.
- 6) Periodically stops film when viewing more than one roll simultaneously and compares numbers printed on film edges to ensure synchronization of films.
- 7) Stops film when counter reading matches number indicated on work order for start of first optical effect.
- 8) Reviews subject matter within film frame and compares to description on work order to ensure match when work order does not include reference numbers.
- 9) Marks reference frame of film, using film notcher, tape, or other marking device to indicate optical effect starting point.
- 10) Marks symbols and numbers on film edge or leader to indicate type of effect and length.
- 11) Advances film to additional reference frames indicated, and marks designated frames to show reference points within individual optical effects.
- 12) Prepares count sheet indicating position, length, and type of optical effects required for films which do not have prepared specification sheets.
- 13) Splices strips of leader material to film, and assembles designated segments of film in specified relationship, using splicing device.
- 14) May confer with clients regarding optical effects requirements and production problems.
- 15) May determine artwork requirements and requisition artwork.
- 16) May review and approve finished optical effects.
- 17) May load and unload film from camera magazine, and mount and remove magazines from camera.
- 18) May change subtitle cards when filming subtitles.
Is being an "OPTICAL-EFFECTS LAYOUT PERSON" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "OPTICAL-EFFECTS LAYOUT PERSON" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "OPTICAL-EFFECTS LAYOUT PERSON"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "OPTICAL-EFFECTS LAYOUT PERSON"
Job Number: 6965