Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tests and measures eye function to assist OPHTHALMOLOGIST to diagnose and treat eye disorders and disease: Tests patient's far acuity, near acuity, peripheral vision, depth perception, and color perception to assist OPHTHALMOLOGIST to diagnose and treat eye disorders and disease.
- 2) Examines eye, using slit lamp, for abnormalities of cornea, and anterior and posterior chambers.
- 3) Applies drops to anesthetize, dilate, or medicate eyes.
- 4) Measures intraocular pressure of eyes.
- 5) Tests patient's field of vision, including central and peripheral vision, for defects, and charts test results on graph paper.
- 6) Measures axial length of eye, using ultrasound equipment.
- 7) Performs other tests and measurements as requested by physician.
- 8) Gives instructions to patients concerning eye care.
- 9) May supervise other technicians and be known as Chief Ophthalmic Technician.
Is being an "OPHTHALMIC TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "OPHTHALMIC TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "OPHTHALMIC TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "OPHTHALMIC TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 6962