Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machines in tandem that coat surfaces of decorative hardwood-veneer panels with stain, paint, or wax: Mixes stain according to formula, using graduated container, mixing drum, and portable mixer.
- 2) Connects hoses of coating machines to containers of stain, paint, and wax.
- 3) Measures thickness of panels, using steel tape, and turns handcranks to adjust coating machines.
- 4) Moves controls to activate conveyors and pumps, to set thermostats on heating ovens, and to start sanding, roller-coating, and spray-coating machines.
- 5) Compares processed panels with sample panel to verify adherence to specifications.
- 6) Pumps cleaning solution through lines of machines upon completion of process; and replaces worn components, such as rollers, brushes, doctor blades, and sandpaper.
Is being an "OPERATOR, PREFINISH" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "OPERATOR, PREFINISH" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "OPERATOR, PREFINISH"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "OPERATOR, PREFINISH"
Job Number: 6960