Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Conducts analyses of management and operational problems and formulates mathematical or simulation models of problem for solution by computers or other methods: Analyzes problem in terms of management information and conceptualizes and defines problem.
- 2) Studies information and selects plan from competitive proposals that affords maximum probability of profit or effectiveness in relation to cost or risk.
- 3) Prepares model of problem in form of one or several equations that relates constants and variables, restrictions, alternatives, conflicting objectives and their numerical parameters.
- 4) Defines data requirements and gathers and validates information applying judgment and statistical tests.
- 5) Specifies manipulative or computational methods to be applied to model.
- 6) Performs validation and testing of model to ensure adequacy, or determines need for reformulation.
- 7) Prepares reports to management defining problem, evaluation, and possible solution.
- 8) Evaluates implementation and effectiveness of research.
- 9) May design, conduct, and evaluate experimental operational models where insufficient data exists to formulate model.
- 10) May specialize in research and preparation of contract proposals specifying competence of organization to perform research, development, or production work.
- 11) May develop and apply time and cost networks, such as Program Evaluation and Review Techniques, to plan and control large projects.
- 12) May work in association with engineers, scientists, and management personnel in business, government, health, transportation, energy, manufacturing, environmental sciences or other technologies.
Is being an "OPERATIONS-RESEARCH ANALYST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "OPERATIONS-RESEARCH ANALYST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "OPERATIONS-RESEARCH ANALYST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "OPERATIONS-RESEARCH ANALYST"
Job Number: 6956