Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Unpacks, verifies, and repacks mail shipments of imported merchandise to assure compliance with federal revenue laws and U.
- 3) Customs Service Regulations: Determines containers to open, according to nature of merchandise, country of origin, and shipper.
- 4) Unpacks containers and visually verifies identity and quantity of merchandise against declaration or invoice.
- 5) Weighs and measures commodities.
- 6) May write descriptive verification as compared with declaration or invoice.
- 8) Records evidence of tampering, pilfering, shortages, excesses, or other unusual condition of merchandise.
- 9) Inspects goods for violations of marking, trademark, or copyright regulations.
- 10) Inspects containers for contraband and smuggled goods.
- 11) May disassemble and drill into merchandise and containers suspected of containing contraband or undeclared items, using handtools and electric power drill.
- 12) Records date, name, and address of importer or sender on mail entry form.
- 13) Unpacks and lays out representative samples of merchandise for examination by CUSTOMS IMPORT SPECIALIST.
- 14) Repacks merchandise after examination, for release to postal service and subsequent delivery.
- 15) Attaches envelope containing completed mail entry form to container.
- 16) Hand stamps container to indicate examination completed and need to collect duty.
- 17) May testify during court appeals by importers.
Is being an "OPENER-VERIFIER-PACKER, CUSTOMS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "OPENER-VERIFIER-PACKER, CUSTOMS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "OPENER-VERIFIER-PACKER, CUSTOMS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "OPENER-VERIFIER-PACKER, CUSTOMS"
Job Number: 6949