Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates steam, gas, gasoline, electric, or diesel pumps and auxiliary equipment to restore and control flow of oil from wells: Opens valves to regulate flow of oil from wells to storage tanks or into pipelines.
- 2) Turns valves to adjust pressure of separator which separates natural gas from oil.
- 3) Reads flowmeters, gauges oil in tanks with calibrated steel tape, and prepares reports of amount and quality of oil pumped and in storage.
- 4) Collects and bottles samples of oil for laboratory analysis.
- 5) Lubricates and repairs pumps, using grease gun, oilcan, and handtools.
- 6) Examines pipelines for leaks.
- 7) Reports major breakdowns and well difficulties.
- 8) May test and treat oil to reduce water and sediment content according to specifications for pipeline transportation of oil.
Is being an "OIL PUMPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "OIL PUMPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "OIL PUMPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "OIL PUMPER"
Job Number: 6924