Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects tubular metal equipment as assistant to OIL-PIPE INSPECTOR by performing any combination of following tasks: Inspects interior and exterior of tubing, casing, drill pipe, and other tubular metal equipment used in drilling and producing oil or gas wells to detect incrustations, cracks, or other defects, using mechanical and electronic instruments.
- 2) Interconnects electric conductor cables to instruments, control panels, and generator sets, using wrenches and screwdrivers.
- 3) Rolls and segregates pipe on rack for inspection.
- 4) Inserts magnetic poles into ends of pipe and sprinkles magnetic powder on magnetized pipe to reveal exterior defects.
- 5) Observes surface of pipe and paints colored bands on pipe to indicate nature and location of defect.
- 6) Inserts tubular instrument through interior of pipe.
- 7) Clamps self-propelled electronic instrument to pipe, observes instrument moving lengthwise on pipe, and marks location and nature of defect on pipe.
- 8) Cleans and repairs equipment.
- 9) Performs other duties as described under HELPER Master Title.
Is being an "OIL-PIPE-INSPECTOR HELPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "OIL-PIPE-INSPECTOR HELPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "OIL-PIPE-INSPECTOR HELPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "OIL-PIPE-INSPECTOR HELPER"
Job Number: 6933