Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Separates edible portions of animal viscera from offal, performing any combination of following tasks: Cuts away such organs and glands from adjoining tissue as heart, sweetbreads, stomach, spleen, gall bladder, liver, and thyroid, using knife.
- 2) Skins outer tissue of bung gut with fingers.
- 3) Washes parts and places them in containers.
- 4) Cuts off ends of oxtails and trims loose tissues, using knife and rotary brush.
- 5) Trims excess fat and tissue from muscles, intestines, and organs, using knife.
- 6) Separates membrane from gullet and windpipe, inner lining from stomach, and small intestines from large.
- 7) Flushes intestines and bladders with water hose and squeezes them to remove water, slime, and foreign matter.
- 8) Weighs and sorts viscera, according to condition, and discards diseased or damaged parts.
- 9) Bleaches casings by soaking them in salt solution.
- 10) Stamps plant identification number on edible organs, using rubber stamp.
- 11) Brands tails and tongues with electric iron.
- 12) May tend machine that washes viscera and flesh parts.
- 14) May be known according to functions performed or part of viscera processed as Beef-Pluck Trimmer; Bladder Trimmer; Bung Grader; Casing Puller; Liver Trimmer; Lung Splitter; Viscera Washer.
Is being an "OFFAL SEPARATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "OFFAL SEPARATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "OFFAL SEPARATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "OFFAL SEPARATOR"
Job Number: 6908