"OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assists OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST in administering occupational therapy program in hospital, related facility, or community setting for physically, developmentally, mentally retarded, or emotionally handicapped clients: Assists in evaluation of clients daily living skills and capacities to determine extent of abilities and limitations.
- 2) Assists in planning and implementing educational, vocational, and recreational programs and activities established by registered OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST, designed to restore, reinforce, and enhance task performances, diminish or correct pathology, and to promote and maintain health and self-sufficiency.
- 3) Designs and adapts equipment and working-living environment.
- 4) Fabricates splints and other assistant devices.
- 5) Reports information and observations to supervisor.
- 6) Carries out general activity program for individuals or groups.
- 7) Assists in instructing patient and family in home programs as well as care and use of adaptive equipment.
- 8) Prepares work materials, assists in maintenance of equipment, and orders supplies.
- 9) May be responsible for maintaining observed information in client records and preparing reports.
- 10) May teach basic living skills to institutionalized, mentally retarded adults.
- 11) May assist EDUCATIONAL SPECIALIST or CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST in administering situational or diagnostic tests to measure client's abilities or progress.
Is being an "OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT"
Job Number: 6901