Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans, organizes, and conducts occupational therapy program in hospital, institution, or community setting to facilitate development and rehabilitation of mentally, physically, or emotionally handicapped: Plans program involving activities, such as manual arts and crafts; practice in functional, prevocational, vocational, and homemaking skills, and activities of daily living; and participation in sensorimotor, educational, recreational, and social activities designed to help patients or handicapped persons develop or regain physical or mental functioning or adjust to handicaps.
- 2) Consults with other members of rehabilitation team to select activity program consistent with needs and capabilities of individual and to coordinate occupational therapy with other therapeutic activities.
- 3) Selects constructive activities suited to individual's physical capacity, intelligence level, and interest to upgrade individual to maximum independence, prepare individual for return to employment, assist in restoration of functions, and aid in adjustment to disability.
- 4) Teaches individuals skills and techniques required for participation in activities and evaluates individual's progress.
- 5) Designs and constructs special equipment for individual and suggests adaptation of individual's work-living environment.
- 6) Requisitions supplies and equipment.
- 7) Lays out materials for individual's use and cleans and repairs tools at end of sessions.
- 8) May conduct training programs or participate in training medical and nursing students and other workers in occupational therapy techniques and objectives.
- 9) May plan, direct, and coordinate occupational therapy program and be designated Director, Occupational Therapy.
Is being an "OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST"
Job Number: 6899