Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects places of employment to detect unsafe or unhealthy working conditions: Inspects work environment, machinery, and equipment in establishments and other work sites for conformance with governmental standards according to procedure or in response to complaint or accident.
- 2) Interviews supervisors and employees to obtain facts about work practice or accident.
- 3) Rates unsafe condition according to factors, such as severity of potential injury, likelihood of recurrence, employers' accident record, and evidence of voluntary compliance.
- 4) Observes employees at work to determine compliance with safety precautions and safety equipment used.
- 5) Orders suspension of activity posing threat to workers.
- 6) Writes new safety order proposal designed to protect workers from work methods, processes, or other hazard not previously covered, using knowledge of safety-engineering practices, available protective devices, safety testing, and occupational safety and health standards.
- 7) Discusses reason for inspection and penalty rating system with employer.
- 8) Reviews log of reportable accidents and preventive actions taken to determine employers' attitude toward compliance with regulations.
- 9) Documents findings and code sections violated.
- 10) Interprets applicable laws and regulations to advise employer on legal requirements.
- 11) May specialize in inspection of specific machine, apparatus, or device.
- 12) May specialize in inspection of specific industry, such as construction, manufacturing, mining, petroleum, or transportation.
- 13) May testify in legal proceedings.
- 14) May photograph work environment suspected of endangering workers to provide evidence in legal proceedings.
Is being an "OCCUPATIONAL-SAFETY-AND-HEALTH INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "OCCUPATIONAL-SAFETY-AND-HEALTH INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "OCCUPATIONAL-SAFETY-AND-HEALTH INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "OCCUPATIONAL-SAFETY-AND-HEALTH INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 6902