Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Treats women during prenatal, natal, and postnatal periods: Examines patient to ascertain condition, utilizing physical findings, laboratory results, and patient's statements as diagnostic aids.
- 2) Determines need for modified diet and physical activities, and recommends plan.
- 3) Periodically examines patient, prescribing medication or surgery, if indicated.
- 4) Delivers infant, and cares for mother for prescribed period of time following childbirth.
- 5) Performs cesarean section or other surgical procedure as needed to preserve patient's health and deliver infant safely.
- 6) May treat patients for diseases of generative organs.
Is being an "OBSTETRICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "OBSTETRICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "OBSTETRICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "OBSTETRICIAN"
Job Number: 6897