"OBSERVER, ELECTRICAL PROSPECTING"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Measures resistance of earth formations to electrical charges, using electrical apparatus to obtain data for locating rock strata favorable to further petroleum exploration activities: Transports electrical equipment and instruments to designated locations, and directs and assists in laying out and connecting cables, electrodes, instrument panels, and other electrical equipment.
- 2) Adjusts electrical instruments to eliminate electrical interferences from earth currents or weather conditions.
- 3) Opens and closes circuits to send electrical current through electrodes into earth.
- 4) Reads dials and records data of millivoltmeter readings at various receptor points along cable to detect loss of potential due to resistance of earth formations.
- 5) Diagnoses cause of malfunctioning of instruments and cables and makes repairs.
Is being an "OBSERVER, ELECTRICAL PROSPECTING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "OBSERVER, ELECTRICAL PROSPECTING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "OBSERVER, ELECTRICAL PROSPECTING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "OBSERVER, ELECTRICAL PROSPECTING"
Job Number: 6894