Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends equipment that roasts, blanches, and cleans shelled nuts: Sets temperature and time controls on oven for roasting process.
- 2) Fills trays with nuts by hand and places trays in oven, or dumps nuts into feeder bin of screen conveyorized cooker or rotary drum in oven.
- 3) Removes sample of nuts from oven, using spoon, compares nuts with color standard, and adjusts time and temperature controls of oven to ensure specified roasting.
- 4) Removes specified number of trays of roasted nuts from oven for further processing, or pulls lever to empty roasted nuts from rotary oven into bin.
- 5) Smooths out nuts in bin, using rake.
- 6) Pushes bin over forced draft air vent to cool nuts.
- 7) Tilts bin by hand or by hoist to dump cooled nuts into hopper of machines that remove skins, sprouts, stones, shell particles, and dirt, and starts machine.
- 8) May immerse and roast nuts in hot oil bath.
- 9) May coat nuts with liquid gum arabic prior to roasting to provide adhesive surface for salt.
- 10) May sprinkle nuts with salt, garlic, cheese, or other seasonings by hand or by using automatic equipment.
- 11) May pack nuts in bags or sacks.
- 12) May be designated according to kind of nut roasted as Almond Roaster; Peanut Roaster; or according to whether oil is used as Dry Roaster; Wet Roaster.
Is being a "NUT ROASTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NUT ROASTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NUT ROASTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NUT ROASTER"
Job Number: 6885