"NURSE, PRIVATE DUTY"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Contracts independently to render nursing care, usually to one patient, in hospital or private home: Administers medications, treatments, dressings, and other nursing services, according to physician's instructions and condition of patient.
- 2) Observes, evaluates, and records symptoms.
- 3) Applies independent emergency measures to counteract adverse developments and notifies physician of patient's condition.
- 4) Directs patient in good health habits.
- 5) Gives information to family in treatment of patient and maintenance of healthful environment.
- 6) Maintains equipment and supplies.
- 7) Cooperates with community agencies furnishing assistance to patient.
- 8) May supervise diet when employed in private home.
- 9) May specialize in one field of nursing, such as obstetrics, psychiatry, or tuberculosis.
Is being a "NURSE, PRIVATE DUTY" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NURSE, PRIVATE DUTY" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NURSE, PRIVATE DUTY"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NURSE, PRIVATE DUTY"
Job Number: 2492