Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Provides general medical care and treatment to patients in medical facility, such as clinic, health center, or public health agency, under direction of physician: Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of physician.
- 2) Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
- 3) Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient's condition.
- 4) Discusses case with physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan.
- 5) Submits health care plan and goals of individual patients for periodic review and evaluation by physician.
- 6) Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- 7) May refer patients to physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- 8) May be designated according to field of specialization as Pediatric Nurse Practitioner.
- 9) Where state law permits, may engage in independent practice.
Is being a "NURSE PRACTITIONER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NURSE PRACTITIONER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NURSE PRACTITIONER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NURSE PRACTITIONER"
Job Number: 6863