Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cares for patients and children in private homes, hospitals, sanatoriums, industrial plants, and similar institutions: Bathes and dresses bed patients, combs hair, and otherwise attends to their comfort and personal appearance.
- 2) Cleans room, and changes bed linen.
- 3) Takes and records temperature, pulse, and respiration rate.
- 4) Gives medication as directed by physician or NURSE, GENERAL DUTY , and makes notation of amount and time given.
- 5) Gives enemas, douches, massages, and alcohol rubs.
- 6) Applies hot and cold compresses and hot water bottles.
- 7) Sterilizes equipment and supplies, using germicides, sterilizer, or autoclave.
- 8) Prepares food trays, feeds patients, and records food and liquid intake and output.
- 9) Cooks, washes, cleans, and does other housekeeping duties in private home.
- 11) May care for infants and small children in private home.
- 12) For practical nurses meeting state licensing requirements see NURSE, LICENSED PRACTICAL.
Is being a "NURSE, PRACTICAL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NURSE, PRACTICAL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NURSE, PRACTICAL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NURSE, PRACTICAL"
Job Number: 6871