Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Provides medical care and treatment to obstetrical patients under supervision of OBSTETRICIAN, delivers babies, and instructs patients in prenatal and postnatal health practices: Participates in initial examination of obstetrical patient, and is assigned responsibility for care, treatment, and delivery of patient.
- 2) Examines patient during pregnancy, utilizing physical findings, laboratory test results, and patient's statements to evaluate condition and ensure that patient's progress is normal.
- 3) Discusses case with OBSTETRICIAN to assure observation of specified practices.
- 4) Instructs patient in diet and prenatal health practices.
- 5) Stays with patient during labor to reassure patient and to administer medication.
- 6) Delivers infant and performs postpartum examinations and treatments to ensure that patient and infant are responding normally.
- 7) When deviations from standard are encountered during pregnancy or delivery, administers stipulated emergency measures, and arranges for immediate contact of OBSTETRICIAN.
- 8) Visits patient during postpartum period in hospital and at home to instruct patient in care of self and infant and examine patient.
- 9) Maintains records of cases for inclusion in establishment file.
- 10) Conducts classes for groups of patients and families to provide information concerning pregnancy, childbirth, and family orientation.
- 11) May direct activities of other workers.
- 12) May instruct in midwifery in establishment providing such training.
Is being a "NURSE-MIDWIFE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NURSE-MIDWIFE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NURSE-MIDWIFE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NURSE-MIDWIFE"
Job Number: 2488