"NURSE, LICENSED PRACTICAL"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to ill, injured, convalescent, and handicapped persons in such settings as hospitals, clinics, private homes, schools, sanitariums, and similar institutions: Takes and records patients' vital signs.
- 2) Dresses wounds, gives enemas, douches, alcohol rubs, and massages.
- 3) Applies compresses, ice bags, and hot water bottles.
- 4) Observes patients and reports adverse reactions to medication or treatment to medical personnel in charge.
- 5) Administers specified medication, orally or by subcutaneous or intermuscular injection, and notes time and amount on patients' charts.
- 6) Assembles and uses such equipment as catheters, tracheotomy tubes, and oxygen suppliers.
- 7) Collects samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum, from patients for testing and performs routine laboratory tests on samples.
- 8) Sterilizes equipment and supplies, using germicides, sterilizer, or autoclave.
- 9) Prepares or examines food trays for prescribed diet and feeds patients.
- 10) Records food and fluid intake and output.
- 11) Bathes, dresses, and assists patients in walking and turning.
- 12) Cleans rooms, makes beds, and answers patients' calls.
- 13) Washes and dresses bodies of deceased persons.
- 14) Must pass state board examination and be licensed.
- 15) May assist in delivery, care, and feeding of infants.
- 16) May inventory and requisition supplies.
- 17) May provide medical treatment and personal care to patients in private home settings and be designated Home Health Nurse, Licensed Practical.
Is being a "NURSE, LICENSED PRACTICAL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NURSE, LICENSED PRACTICAL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NURSE, LICENSED PRACTICAL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NURSE, LICENSED PRACTICAL"
Job Number: 6869