Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Administers local, inhalation, intravenous, and other anesthetics prescribed by ANESTHESIOLOGIST to induce total or partial loss of sensation or consciousness in patients during surgery, deliveries, or other medical and dental procedures: Fits mask to patient's face, turns dials and sets gauges of equipment to regulate flow of oxygen and gases to administer anesthetic by inhalation method, according to prescribed medical standards.
- 2) Prepares prescribed solutions and administers local, intravenous, spinal, or other anesthetic, following specified methods and procedures.
- 3) Notes patient's skin color and dilation of pupils and observes video screen and digital display of computerized equipment to monitor patient's vital signs during anesthesia.
- 4) Initiates remedial measures to prevent surgical shock or other adverse conditions.
- 5) Informs physician of patient's condition during anesthesia.
Is being a "NURSE ANESTHETIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NURSE ANESTHETIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NURSE ANESTHETIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NURSE ANESTHETIST"
Job Number: 2490