"NUMERICAL-CONTROL ROUTER OPERATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates numerical control router machine to rout parts, such as individual printed circuit boards from printed circuit panels or metal workpieces from sheet metal stock: Reviews setup instructions and specifications.
- 2) Loads control media into computer console or enters commands to retrieve programmed control data.
- 3) Selects and installs specified cutting tools into machine spindle or magazine.
- 4) Positions and secures materials onto indexing table of machine.
- 5) Enters commands to activate machine that automatically aligns indexing table and panels or metal stock under tool spindle and routs or notches materials, according to programmed instructions.
- 6) Monitors machine operation and display readouts to detect malfunction.
- 7) Measures dimensions of finished parts to verify conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- 8) Notifies supervisor of machine malfunction or when parts do not conform to specifications.
- 9) Cleans machine, using solvent, rag, and airhose.
- 10) May perform maintenance and replace worn or damaged cutting tools, using handtools.
Is being a "NUMERICAL-CONTROL ROUTER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NUMERICAL-CONTROL ROUTER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NUMERICAL-CONTROL ROUTER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NUMERICAL-CONTROL ROUTER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 6860