"NUMERICAL CONTROL MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates numerical control machines or machining centers to perform various machine functions, such as cutting, drilling, milling, reaming, boring, and broaching of metallic and nonmetallic workpieces, utilizing knowledge of machine tool capabilities, machinability of materials, and shop math: Reads and interprets blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings, and machining methods and sequences.
- 2) Mounts, aligns, and secures tooling, attachments, and workpiece on machine.
- 3) Selects and installs cutting tools in machine spindle.
- 4) Loads control media, such as tape, card, or disk, in machine controller or enters commands to retrieve preprogrammed instructions from data base.
- 5) Calculates and sets machine controls to position spindle in relationship to workpiece and to regulate factors, such as cutting depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow.
- 6) Starts machine and monitors displays and machine operation to detect malfunctions.
- 7) Stops machine to change cutting tools and setup according to required machining sequence or to measure parts for conformance to blueprint specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- 8) Enters commands or manually adjusts machine controls to correct malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- 9) Operates machine manually to perform nonautomated functions and when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
- 10) Discusses control media errors with supervisor or programming personnel to resolve problems.
- 11) May clean machine, tooling, and parts.
- 12) May perform machine maintenance.
Is being a "NUMERICAL CONTROL MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NUMERICAL CONTROL MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NUMERICAL CONTROL MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NUMERICAL CONTROL MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR"
Job Number: 6858