"NUCLEAR-PLANT TECHNICAL ADVISOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Monitors plant safety status, advises operations staff, and prepares technical reports for operation of thermal-nuclear reactor at electric-power generating station: Observes control-room instrumentation systems and confers with operating personnel to ensure safe operation of plant.
- 2) Walks throughout plant and observes machinery, equipment, and operating procedures to identify potential hazards.
- 3) Examines locations of accidents and transients and obtains data to formulate preventive measures.
- 4) Implements changes in systems, procedures, structure, or equipment to improve safety.
- 5) Compares critical parameters with plant transient predictions and accident analysis and determines whether response of plant safety systems is sufficient.
- 6) Formulates corrective actions, calculates critical parameters from raw data, and computes rate of control rod withdrawal during reactor startup.
- 7) Confers with operating personnel to provide technical assistance and to discuss maintenance activities, abnormal conditions, and safe operation of plant.
- 8) Prepares reports to inform management officials of any proposed changes or irregularities in plant operation or systems.
Is being a "NUCLEAR-PLANT TECHNICAL ADVISOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NUCLEAR-PLANT TECHNICAL ADVISOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NUCLEAR-PLANT TECHNICAL ADVISOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NUCLEAR-PLANT TECHNICAL ADVISOR"
Job Number: 6854