"NUCLEAR MEDICINE TECHNOLOGIST"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Prepares, measures, and administers radiopharmaceuticals in diagnostic and therapeutic studies, utilizing variety of equipment and following prescribed procedures: Prepares stock solutions of radiopharmaceutical materials, calculates doses, and administers doses, under direction of physician.
- 3) Performs diagnostic studies on patients as prescribed by physician, using scanners or scintillation cameras to detect radiation emitted and to produce image of organ on photographic film.
- 4) Measures radioactivity, using Geiger counters, scalers, and scintillation detectors.
- 5) Administers therapeutic doses of radiopharmaceuticals under direction of physician.
- 6) Follows radiation safety techniques in use and disposal of radioactive materials.
Is being a "NUCLEAR MEDICINE TECHNOLOGIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NUCLEAR MEDICINE TECHNOLOGIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NUCLEAR MEDICINE TECHNOLOGIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NUCLEAR MEDICINE TECHNOLOGIST"
Job Number: 6850